Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Learning to Be Still

Here I am. 
Flat on my back yet again: sick. 
Frustrated first because I'm not supposed to be here: I'm supposed to be at work. 
Sick enough that any movement at all the first three hours brought sharp pains. 
Couldn't even read or do anything to make up for 'lost time'.
Finally a little better. And I lift my devotional to see if I can just grasp that one page. 
"Trust Me in every detail of your life. Nothing is random in My kingdom. Everything that happens fits into a pattern for good, to those who love me"                                 
Jesus Calling Devotional
And I know He sought to still me. 
Yet I worried those hours away. Fought the pain and would not trust. 
But I can say I am now. 
If all that happens the rest of the day is I lie flat on my back too weak to move and know that HE IS
my day is in no way wasted. 

     Trust


No comments:

Post a Comment