Thursday, February 19, 2015

Five Minute Friday: When

when I sit here and rock my brother's girlfriend's sister's baby boy.
rock him gently and try to ease him into sleep. his hazel eyes blink and close against his will, and someone walks by and they snap open again. but he is lulled to sleep and I have a quiet space in which I muse about his older sister.
she is 2. almost.
and she is determined that she is staying here.
the house is getting picked up and packed up around her to move, but she is pulling her things back out of the bags and back on her shelves.
She is not moving. no sir.
and then I think of how comfortable I get with my surroundings and I don't want to budge cause it s comfortable, and then I wonder, how often am I like that with God? I cant see where he wants me to go, and I'm quite comfy. I just cant see it
But He can.
Just like this little girls daddy can see how much nicer and better the house is that he bought and is taking his little girl to.
then I wonder....when will I learn to trust my daddy God in all things?

3 comments:

  1. reading through these FMF posts from a bit ago and came across this entry. what a good image. I too need to ponder this as sometimes I'm sure I'm very much like the little one thinking that I know what is best. Thank you for this. I am so glad that you linked up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the encouragement. I was reading back through my blog tonight and saw I never responded! But this image still catches me. it was so simple yet so profound. it took my breath away when I "saw" it.

      Delete
    2. thank you for the encouragement. I was reading back through my blog tonight and saw I never responded! But this image still catches me. it was so simple yet so profound. it took my breath away when I "saw" it.

      Delete